Help!!! Structuring A Transferable LC Deal

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
AscensionGlobal
First Name: teon
Last Name: lindsey
Organization: Ascension Global Pro
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Help!!! Structuring A Transferable LC Deal

Post by AscensionGlobal » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:44 pm

Greetings my fellow importers /exporters I am a new export broker with no experiance and i am in serious need of assistance. i have been presented with a great opportunity. Here is the scenario:

I am in America and i have a buyer in Africa who wishes to purchase sugar . I have found a supplier in South America that can provide me with the product at a fair price. I provided the supplier with L.O.I on official letter head from the end Buyer. From what I have learned so far in order to complete this transaction I should request a Transferable Letter of Credit. Once I receive the TLC transfer the portion needed to the supplier and I pocket the margin.

My questions are:
1.Should the LOI have been offered with my company listed as the end buyer?

2.Should I have the TLC made out to my company?

3.Do I need to have a separate contract between my company and the supplier? And if so what should that contract be?

4.Is there some where I could see and example of that kind of deal?

Thank you so much for your time

picant

transferable l/c or

Post by picant » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:03 am

Hi Pal,

transferable l/c, or better to manage it, need good experience. Contact your bank for advices etc.
ICC Paris edted few years ago a resume on the main aspect of transferable l/c, It is free downlable and, partially,
may instruct you on the matter.
Other comments appreciated
Ciao