Transferable Letter of Credits.

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
gegeeee
First Name: Gega CITF, CDCS
Last Name: Topadze
Organization: Bank of Georgia
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Transferable Letter of Credits.

Post by gegeeee » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:17 pm

Colleagues hi,

Need you valuable opinion regarding below mentioned cases:

Under UCP600:
1) Transferring bank means a nominated bank that transfers the credit or, in a credit available with any bank,
a bank that is specifically authorized by the issuing bank to transfer and that transfers the credit. An issuing
bank may be a transferring bank

Case number 1)
Credit is available with any bank, In such situation issuing bank should authorize a bank to transfer a credit. This will be the case when, nominated bank is different from transferring bank

Case number 2)
Credit is available with issuing bank, In such situation issuing bank should transfer the credit. Am i correct? There can not be another bank which will transfer the credit while credit is available with issuing bank

Case number 3)
Credit is available with the nominated bank (Bank ABC.), ABC Bank should make a transfer, because credit is available with ABC Bank. Issuing Bank can not authorize another Bank to transfer the credit. Am i correct?

My understanding is that, with which bank the credit is available it should transfer the credit, exclusion is when credit is available with any bank.

Thank u in advance

Navi
First Name: Olcay
Last Name: Özcan
Organization: Bank

transferring bank

Post by Navi » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:55 pm

Hi friend,

For the case number 1 and 3, I aggree with you.

But for case nr.2, I am in the opinion that despite field 41A states issuing bank in the LC, issuing bank may authorize another bank in field 47A, to transfer the credit.

Regards

shafi865
First Name: S. M. Shafiqur
Last Name: Rahman, CDCS
Organization: Southeast Bank Ltd.

Post by shafi865 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:35 pm

Agree with all three cases depict by gegeeee :)