Mixed Payment LC - Documentation

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
shabbirturra
First Name: Shabbir
Last Name: Turra
Organization: SSC
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Mixed Payment LC - Documentation

Post by shabbirturra » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:24 pm

Hi,
We have received an LC from our customer where the documentation required is Commercial Invoice countersigned by applicant. Payment terms are as follows: 50% of the invoice value is payable 60 days from the invoice date and balance 50% is payable 120 days from the invoice date.
We will be doing a single shipment for the entire LC amount.
My question is, 1)do we have to prepare a single invoice and 2 drafts for 50% amount each with respective maturity dates or 2) we prepare 2 separate invoice and corresponding drafts for 50% of the amount each.

I am new with the Mixed payment term LC requirements and need your help

Thanks!!!
Shabbir

Navi
First Name: Olcay
Last Name: Özcan
Organization: Bank

one single invoice enough

Post by Navi » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:24 pm

Hi friend,

For your case, one single invoice together with two drafts wil be enough. No need to issue separate invoices.

Regards

quang
First Name: minh
Last Name: nguyen
Organization: HSBC bank

Post by quang » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:48 am

I think its depends on the wording in field 46A of LC. My bank often issues LC require 2 separate presentations under 2 separate payments and the second payment requires Ben to present draft and invoice. If LC requires 1 presentation for 2 separate payments, i think there is no need to issue separate invoices