Document Presented To Bank But Not A Requirement As Per LC

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
bdpnikita
First Name: Nikita
Last Name: Albert
Organization: BDP GPL
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Document Presented To Bank But Not A Requirement As Per LC

Post by bdpnikita » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:02 pm

Hello,

I have a query regarding a document which is not required/mentioned in the LC, but the customer needs it for the clearance of goods. If I provide such a document to the advising bank, would this be termed as a discrepancy & would the document be returned to me or will the advising bank accept this document without any discrepancy & forward it to the Issuing Bank.

Your comments are appreciated.

Thank you,
Nikita Albert

quang
First Name: minh
Last Name: nguyen
Organization: HSBC bank

Post by quang » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:51 pm

I think you should instruct the IB to forward the documents to the Applicant without checking. The documents not required in LC will be disregard

picant

Beneficiary Onus...

Post by picant » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:49 am

Hi Pals,

I think that beneficiary has to send this document directly to applicant. Banks may incurr in extra liabilities if tis document contains data that differ from other documents.
Ciao

dodo
First Name: thanh
Last Name: thanh
Organization: dt co.,ltd

Post by dodo » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:54 pm

Hi,
If that doc. is not required by L/C, the IB will discregard it and no discrepancies can be raised. Carefully, your bank can instruct the IB by the clause : please kindly relay doc. name: abc to the applicant with the remaining docs upon their payment against this presentation. Or the best choice is that the beneficiary send that docs directly to the applicant by himself.

hainam
First Name: nguyen
Last Name: hainam
Organization: SH bank

Post by hainam » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:53 am

Hi friend,
I think the Beneficiary do this to save extra cost when Ben sent this document directly to applicant. So, i will choose forward this document to the applicant without checking