FOB USA port invoice showing same

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
TradeLaporte
First Name: ART
Last Name: TRATADOLIBRE
Organization: Trade Co
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

FOB USA port invoice showing same

Post by TradeLaporte » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:14 pm

Documents presented as per LC the invoice showing shipping terms as FOB USA port instead of actual port name will you consider a discrepancy? Please provide your comments and supporting rules I will greatly appreciate

picant

I dare say...

Post by picant » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:34 am

Hi Pal,

I sare say no, trade terms in invoice respect the goods description in l/c, FOB USA port. In transport document it must be indicated as the actual port of loading.
Frankly I dont find any punctual decision, but I read ISBP 745 C8 and H11.
Other comments appreciated
Ciao

quang
First Name: minh
Last Name: nguyen
Organization: HSBC bank

Post by quang » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:52 pm

I think it's not discrepancy, invoice is only required to reflect trade term stated in LC, so it could show in general manner (FOB USA port) or show the actual port in geographical area stated in LC (FOB long beach CA...)

Navi
First Name: Olcay
Last Name: Özcan
Organization: Bank

field 44E...

Post by Navi » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:00 pm

Hi,

We also need to know the wording in field 44E.

If 44E states "ANY PORT IN USA" invoice must clearly define the actual port of loading with incoterms
instead of stating "FOB ANY PORT IN USA". Because INCOTERMS is strictly related with place stated and that place must be stated explicitly.

Nevertheless, to avoid such cases and possible debates, disputes with beneficiary/banks, I prefer to add a wording such as (ACTUAL PORT OF LOADING/DICHARGE TO BE STATED) after INCOTERMS information if PORTS/PLACES in field 44A/44E/44F/44B are defined as ANY PORT/PLACE etc.

regards