Different Date Of Shipment On Invoice And CMR

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
picant

Different Date Of Shipment On Invoice And CMR

Post by picant » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:08 pm

Hi Pals,
presented invoice dated 20 nov. 2015, showing date of shipment same day, where the relevant Truck waybill CMR shows
date of shipment 22 nov 2015. Is it discrepancy if:
-documentary credit requires date of shipment on invoice ?
-documentary credit does not require date of shipment on invoice?
May play a different conclusion the fact that the place of receipt is different from the address of the invoice issuer?
Thanks

shahriar
First Name: Shahriar
Last Name: Masum
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

yes and no

Post by shahriar » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:45 pm

Dear Antonio

Interesting question and my answer is yes and no. I would count the date of shipment (if exactly written like that) on invoice as an additional information in the 2nd scenario.

quang
First Name: minh
Last Name: nguyen
Organization: HSBC bank

Post by quang » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:17 am

I think in both case, whether LC requires invoice to indicate the shipment date or not, if the invoice show shipment date, it must not conflict with other documents as per ucp 600 art 14

azhar1961
First Name: Azhar
Last Name: Mohamed
Organization: SABB

Post by azhar1961 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:27 am

It is inconsistency between documents. Irrespective of whether the credit does or does not require shipment date to be shown in the invoice, the information appear in different documents are inconsistent. Therefore, I strongly believe it is a discrepancy.

shafi865
First Name: S. M. Shafiqur
Last Name: Rahman, CDCS
Organization: Southeast Bank Ltd.

Post by shafi865 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:01 pm

I think for both two cases, it is a discrepancy . Because UCP 600 sub-article 14d states " Data in a document, when read in context with the credit, the document itself and international standard banking practice, need not be identical to, but must not conflict with, data in that document, any other stipulated document or the credit."

Regards,
Shafique