Received For Shipment & On Board Transport Document

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
etnie
First Name: Jia-Hsin
Last Name: Huang
Organization: bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Received For Shipment & On Board Transport Document

Post by etnie » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:57 pm

1. LC states 44A as Europe
44E as Europe
44F as China
44B as China
Transport Document presented evidences Place of Receipt as Hudson street, Germany, Port of Loading as La Spezia Italy, Port of discharge as New York, USA Place of delivery as New York.
Transport Document evidences received for shipment date as 30th Oct 09, On board date as 3rd November 2009, Issue date as 5th November 2009. Shipment date is
a. 30-10-09
b. 3-11-09
c. 5-11-09
d. None of these

picant

Post by picant » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:24 pm

Applicable art 19 in this case, but where Hudson street may be located in Germany, La Spezia in Italy, New York is not in China. However date of shipment is the date of taken in charge at Place of Receipt, i.e. 30.10,09
Other Comments appreciated
Ciao

etnie
First Name: Jia-Hsin
Last Name: Huang
Organization: bank

Post by etnie » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:04 am

hi
I wonder that "taken in charge" has the same meaning with "received for shipment". UCP 19 says....a date of dispatch, taking in charge or "shipped on board" will be deemed to be the date of shipment. So in this case, shipment date is Onboard date as 3rd November 2009?

CDCS2015
First Name: Alex
Last Name: Soon
Organization: Oil MNC

Post by CDCS2015 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:43 pm

My view is "taken in charge" date and "received for shipment" date refer to the date when cargo had been handed over to the carrier (shipping lines) by the shipper and cleared custom. "Shipped on board" date refer to the date cargo had been handed over to the carrier (shipping lines) by the shipper, cleared custom and loaded onto the performing vessel.

I view the "onboard date" as the dated onboard notation on the transport document which should be taken to be the shipment date. The dated onboard notation date shouldn't be earlier than the BL issuance date. The BL document is issued out prior to completion of loading of cargo and when the vessel is ready to set off, a dated onboard notation will be marked on the BL to indicate the shipment date. Thats my experience and understanding. Feel free to correct me.

CDCS2015
First Name: Alex
Last Name: Soon
Organization: Oil MNC

Post by CDCS2015 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:38 pm

QUOTE:he dated onboard notation date shouldn't be earlier than the BL issuance date. The BL document is issued out prior to completion of loading of cargo and when the vessel is ready to set off, a dated onboard notation will be marked on the BL to indicate the shipment date. UNQUOTE

Apologize for confusion caused. Please ignore the above quoted. The shipment date (aka BL date) should always be taken to be the date of issuance of the BL document UNLESS there is a onboard date (dated onboard notation) indicated on the BL. This is regardless of whether the onboard date (dated onboard notation) is earlier than or later than the BL issuance date. Thanks.

In this case, the shipment date have to be: 03-NOV-2009.