Applicant Wants To Change Beneficiary Name And Address

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
abidbari
First Name: Abedul
Last Name: Bari
Organization: StandardChartered,BD
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Applicant Wants To Change Beneficiary Name And Address

Post by abidbari » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:38 am

Hello everyone
Pls suggest me what to do as an issuing bank for following situation...
1.Applicant wants to change beneficiary name and address i.e from ABCZ gmbh, Germany to ABCZ inc., Singapore.
2.LC expired on 03.03.2015 and now wants to extend to 02.12.2015.LC issued on 30.06.2014 & issue date should be same in case of new advise in new country.
Amendment charges are on benef account.

Thnx
Abid

Angel8799
First Name: Sezen miray
Last Name: Sirin
Organization: Bank

Post by Angel8799 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:56 am

Hi,
First of all, i work as an officer at an issuing bank. İ think you should send out a new MT700 with the correct datas. Country change is a big problem for liability and responsibilities and many banks prefer not to advise the l/c to a bank located in another country. İn addition, there is a big gap between the expiry date and the amendment date. There could be an issue as well.
Hope this is helpful for you.
Regards,

abidbari
First Name: Abedul
Last Name: Bari
Organization: StandardChartered,BD

Post by abidbari » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:47 pm

Hi Angel
Thnx for ur reply.Now a days im dealing couple of such cases :-s .Really country change,advising bank change,charges involvement etc makes things risky and troublesome.
Rgds