Bill Of Lading Shows Place Of Taking In Charge

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
gegeeee
First Name: Gega CITF, CDCS
Last Name: Topadze
Organization: Bank of Georgia
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Bill Of Lading Shows Place Of Taking In Charge

Post by gegeeee » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:36 pm

Guys,

For example under LC i requre a B/L. I received an B/L howevernamed and in it its written pl. of taking in charge as well port of Loading and Port of Discharge. Should i check it as per article 19 or shoud i refuse as i have not required Multimoadl B/L?

picant

Better to have a copy...

Post by picant » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:07 pm

Hi Pal,

art 19 or 20 depend on the field 44 in MT700 etc. If b/l has the box Place of receipt filled but not the pre-carriage you will not consider it, if filled you will apply the rule that the b/l must be contain the on Board notation at the Port of Lading, on the
Vessel indicated and be dated.
However it is better to see the b/l in full to answer to your question, if shipped or received for shipment , f.i.?
You may download the Document no 470/1128rev dd 22 april 2010 , free available at www.iccwbo.org as Recommrndation of the Banking Commission in respect of the requirement for an On board Notation.

Ciao

gegeeee

Moro detailed information

Post by gegeeee » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:03 pm

Picant,

Under LC i have such structure:

Port of Loading: Poti Port.
Port of Unloding: Marselle Port.

The transport document has showed: Pl of taking in charge: Xianjin street, Port of loading: Poti and Port of Unloding: Marselle. There is no indication of "intended Vessel" or "intended" ect.

So if transport document showed like this: PL. of Taking in charge: Poti and Port of Unloading: Marselle, Dated on board noatation with named Vessel and actual port of loading should be required. In my situation i am little confused as i dont understand should i raise a discrepancy? becasue bene presented multimodal transport document, however named, covering movement of goods utilizing at least two different modes of transport or should i check it as per article 19?

Alsi no pre-carriage is mentioned. Actually i want to find out if under LC i dont require multimodal but i receive doc that indicate pl. of taking in charge, port of loading and unloading and final place. shoud i raise a discrepancy or check as per art. 19?

picant

L/c requirements

Post by picant » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:32 pm

Hi Pal,

your l/c requires a port to port bill of lading, art 20.

if the b/l claused Shipped on board, it is ok.
If received for shipment need an on board notation, dated.

Naturally being the other terms complying with art 20:

Have you downloaded the ICC Documents?

Other comments appreciated

Ciao

gegeeee

Yes

Post by gegeeee » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:52 pm

Yes Picant i have just downloaded,

Picant that is why i am confused:
c. When a credit requires the presentation of a transport document other than a multimodal or combined
transport document, and it is clear from the routing of the goods stated in the credit that more than
one mode of transport is to be utilized, for example, when an inland place of receipt or final destination
are indicated, or the port of loading or discharge field is completed but with a place which is in fact an
inland place and not a port, UCP 600 article 19 is to be applied in the examination of that document.

I have just this case. Inland place is indicated in pl, in taking in chagre. I thought i had to raise disc.

picant

No

Post by picant » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:10 pm

Hi pal,

please read the para. 5 conclusion.

Ciao

gegeeee

Thank Picant.