Invoice Show Some Statement In French

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
gokce
First Name: gokce
Last Name: almas
Organization: hsbc
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Invoice Show Some Statement In French

Post by gokce » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:53 am

Hello friends,

We opened an LC as an issuing bank with additional clause that all documents must be issued in English. We received documents, but even though the face of invoice is in English, there are some statement in french such as "Conditions de Vent"

I will not consider it as discrepancy?

As per ISBP 745 A21, When a credit stipulates the language of the documents to be presented the data required by the credit or UCP 600 are to be in that language.

I am waiting for your opinions

Thank you very much for answer.

ricky918
First Name: Chan
Last Name: Ricky
Organization: bank

ICC opinion TA703Rev

Post by ricky918 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:08 pm

The answer lies on ISBP 745 A21(D) which is in line with ICC opinion TA703Rev where it concluded :

quote :Previous ICC Opinions, R 564 and R 654, have addressed this same issue, i.e., the effect of a condition stating "all required documents must be issued [presented] in English". The conclusion to each of these Opinions stated: "The stipulation in the credit that 'all required documents must be issued in English' relates to the data thereon that would evidence compliance with the terms of the credit and the relevant provision(s) of the UCP."

The determination of complianace of documents is on the data given in english.

Other comments appreciated.

GUBAZ
First Name: ILYAS
Last Name: K.
Organization: BANK

LANGUAGE OF DOX

Post by GUBAZ » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:00 pm

Hi gökçe , as you express as per ISBP 745 A21(D) , it is not a discrepancy.Only you have to check documents indicate data whether comply or not as per l/c terms and UCP 600 .

mano
First Name: ahmed
Last Name: rabea
Organization: societe generale

language

Post by mano » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:26 pm

dear,

as long as date requirements and content of the documents that enable you to confirm compliance with credit requirements, UCP ans isbp are in english than your not responsible about any other langauage that my appear in the document.isbp 745 A21 especially paragraghes D and E can hellp you in your issue.
''d. Banks do not examine data that have been inserted in a language that is additional to that required or allowed in the credit.
e. Notwithstanding paragraphs A21 (a) and (d), the name of a person or entity, any stamps, legalization,
endorsements or similar, and the pre-printed text shown on a document, such as, but not limited to,
field headings, may be in a language other than that required in the credit''

as per the provided information, i think there is no problem in the concerned document.

Regards

SREEJA
First Name: SREEJA
Last Name: BALAKRISHNAN
Organization: Bank

data in other language

Post by SREEJA » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:03 pm

As long as their is no conflict of data(inserted in english language) with that given in credit..and all other requirements of the credit are complied, data in other languauge can be disregarded.

isbp rules have been stated in above comments and i second it.

as mano has rightly pointed out the rules of ISBP.

the doc is not discrepant and please proceed.