Beneficiary's Name Does Not Appear On The Bill Of Lading

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
Ivan888
First Name: Ivan
Last Name: Boudjema
Organization: Boudjema Corp.
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Beneficiary's Name Does Not Appear On The Bill Of Lading

Post by Ivan888 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:39 pm

Dear All,

I have been having some doubts about how I would proceed to the delivery of my goods using and LC. I will explain hereafter:

My Company is in Country A, I am purchasing goods from country B (using an L/C) to deliver them to a country C.
The terms of payment with my supplier in country B are "CFR Port country C"

So normaly the BL should be drawn uo like this:

Shipper: Company Country B
Consignee: To order of my bank (country A)
Notify Party: Company country C (because they will be the final importers)

My question is:

1) Should I change the Notify Party to "My company" and then change the BL to modify the notify party to "Company country C" ? Is this even possible?
I am saying this because in the case above, my company name doesn't appear anywhere on the BL, and i will send the documents to Company C out of the terms of the LC.

2) If my company appears as "Second Notify Party", is it enough in my case?

3) if "Company C" appears as Second notify party, will they be able to import the goods?

Hope i am clear enough, and would be happy to hear your point of view on this issue.

Cheers,$

I.B.

Anurag
First Name: Anurag
Last Name: Sethiya
Organization: TCS

3 Party LC

Post by Anurag » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:58 am

Answer as follow:
1. This trasaction can be process through - transferrable OR back to back l/c- if you don't wish to transfer the L/C, you may purchase the goods under CAD basis from Country B.

2. If you wish to change shipper or consignee or notify party it is possible u may discuss with shipping line, they will clarify actual requirement or format to complete process.This is called switch b/l.

3. As per L/C ISBP para E14 : You may put any number of notify party as many you wish.

We hope the query of your question answered.

or u may reach at +91 9971463335

Brgds

TITI
First Name: titi
Last Name: mufidah
Organization: bank negara indonesi

notify party

Post by TITI » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:59 am

Hi,
Notify party on BL means the party who get announced when goods arrived at port of discharge/place of final destination. It's not representing the ownership of the goods. It means it's doesn't matter if the beneficiary not showing in BL.
But if you want to do so, it can be suffiecient by mention the beneficiary's name as the second notify party.
Other opinion welcome
Regards
Titi
PT BNI (Persero) Tbk

tituisrt
First Name: mahiuddin
Last Name: titu
Organization: Self

Notify party

Post by tituisrt » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:08 am

Hi,
Before u change the notify party u should read ISBP-745 E14(a).
Notify party means the party who is notified by the shipper the arrival of goods in the destination port.
so notify party is not a big factor in L/C for importation of goods.
Thanks