Insurance Certificate In Negotiable Form

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
cristiand969
First Name: Cristian
Last Name: D.
Organization: Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Insurance Certificate In Negotiable Form

Post by cristiand969 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:44 pm

Dear all,
I would like to have your opinions in the following matter:
1. L/C requires: Insurance certificate in duplicate, blank endorsed,.... in negotiable form.
As per ISBP 'duplicate' means at least one original and one copy
However, does ' in negotiable form' infers that both certificates must be presented as 'original' so that whichever of them can be negotiated?
On the other hand I am not so sure whether or not the wording 'negotiable form' means that the assured/beneficiary must be stated 'to the order of' (party endorsing insurance doc). I am not aware of the fact whether insurance docs follow the same rule as a B/L to be negotiable and therefore the wording ' to the order of' should be stated.
Thanks for sharing your opinion!
Regards
Cristian

iLC

copy and original

Post by iLC » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:42 pm

hello cristian

good to see you after along time. about your case. i really dont think "in negotiable form" means all the insurance document has to be in original. do you recall the "signed invoice" case. i think we can apply the same logic here. we already had considerable discussion on negotiability of an insurance document. i would not bother you reciting them all again. by the way, does anyone know any set of rules or law that governs the insurance company. studying them would help solve all this puzzles

picant

signed invoice case

Post by picant » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:17 pm

Hi Pals,

may I have more details on "signed invoice" case?

Thanks a lot
Ciao

TITI
First Name: titi
Last Name: mufidah
Organization: bank negara indonesi

Insurance Cert

Post by TITI » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:00 pm

Hi,
The certificate is normally a non-negotiable document which cannot be assigned to a third party. It is also unacceptable under the terms of a letter of credit and in making claims. It just shows an abstract of the most important provisions of the insurance contract including the name of the insured, relevant dates, description of the insured property and notice of cancellation. However, under certain situations, the insured may assign his/her rights under the certificate of insurance to a third party, usually the consignee, by endorsing the reverse of the certificate.
In this case IMHO, the negotiable Insurance means Insurance made out to Beneficiary and blank endorse, so that the insurance could be assigned to other party by endorsement.
Regards
Titi
PT Bank Negara Indonesia (Persero) tbk

dinesh2476
First Name: Dinesh Kumar
Last Name: ...
Organization: Chrome

Insurance document

Post by dinesh2476 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:27 pm

Hi,

Kindly clarify the below term. I often see that insurance documents states assured 'Issuing bank'

The certificate is normally a non-negotiable document which cannot be assigned to a third party.

Unquote